MY THRONE, MY PEOPLE

They are in a cold war,  a war with invincible boundaries. They meet each other with manly hugs, and big congratulatory vocabularies. They go ahead to enquire about each others health when it really does not matter to them, they do not wish for each others death, they only wish for each others downfall. Their dress code at programs say it all,  as they battle who has the biggest cover cloth and who holds the golden umbrella, alongside their flashy cars. Everybody wants to be recognised as the richest, most presentable and most befitting of my Throne.  I say my Throne because, I am the first to sit on it, I have no predecessor nor an ancestor, many were befitting of it when the time came for someone to sit on it, but I was favoured by grace.

Anytime my father comes back from his Village tours,  he gives us stories of new and strange things he came across, one of these stories was about a man who was very old and the people in the village were wondering why he is not dead yet. They questioned my father about why  Allah could leave someone this weak to live and not ease his pain by taking his soul, "I couldn't answer them then" said my Dad, he continued, saying: "so during our stay there,  I decided to watch what this man is up to, and I realised he was the caretaker of their Mosque since the youth are busy engaging themselves in many other things.
Our stay in the village came to an end and I told them this, 'Until there is someone capable of doing what this man is doing, Allah will not take his life'."  This story got me thinking so much, I even remember it vividly now that I am old and weak on my Throne, but not dead yet as well. Is it because all these people flaunting big "Batakari's" around me are not up to the task or do I just have a long life? (Smiles)

They claim I am not educated, and find mistakes in every little speech I make, not to mention the activities I embark on, but I still cannot find what they have done so far for their own lives with their PhD and Memorized Verses of the Holy book.

In the debate of whether Kings are made or born,  I still have not taken a stance, because I believe either way is possible, but then a better King is the one born and made at the same time. A better king is the one who puts himself on the line for the prosperity of the people,  a better King is the one who seeks the peace and wellbeing of his people, and a better King is the one who represent his people best.

They do not appreciate what I do,  but they appreciate what comes to my desk, they do not appreciate me, but they appreciate the fame that comes with the mention of my name, some never want to have anything to do with me, yet they eye my Throne. It is my Throne they want, and not me. It is the benefits that accompany my Throne they want and not a strong brotherhood with me as it may seem.

I am alive and I can not trust anybody, not even the King makers, it is true many are out there who might seem befitting to my Throne than i do, but my question to you is, what is the eligibility criteria?

To me, a sincere care for the prosperity of the people is the topmost on the eligibility list. What do we benefit if our King have all the papers and yet cannot write a paper. What do we gain, if our leader gives us words and not works, what do we gain from a King who loves the Throne and fame than the people. I wish to resign, for my sight has weaken, my voice waver and cannot go far even with the help of speakers, and now, my health is getting worse, as i cannot walk properly, but when i look around and see the eyes mocking at my Throne, i fear the day i will die, i fear the day i will fall, i fear for my people. I have encountered death enough, even though no human gets immune to the fear of death, my immunity had increased sometime ago, but it keeps decreasing when i think about how the smiles i have managed to put on the faces of my people might fade away in the shortest possible time after my demise.
How much time it took me to build Peace for my people, i fear it will all get shattered with the seizing of my breath.

I might be wrong about my fears, i might be wrong in my assumptions for my anxious "wanna-be" Kings and Kingmakers, but i cannot be wrong about my instincts, getting a sleep nowadays is difficult for me, for i wish nothing but peace, harmony and love to coexist between my people.

Why do we want so much, but ready to give up so little? Am I realising this because I  am closer to my grave? Then I give it to you as an advice if it is so. My youth was beautiful as a young King, and I tried to answer Life's most persistent and urgent question, what are you doing for others. (MLK)
This question seeks to let you find peace for your inner self,  fight a worthy course, and whenever you are given the Throne, see it as a chair with no life, and see the people as living beings full of life.

Your sister,
Nuhu Alimatu Sadia
Ummuabuuha.blogspot.com
ummi.ug@gmail.com

Comments

May Allah guide us. And give us the strength to continue the good fight.

Popular posts from this blog

NSS Personnel, We want to serve our Country, but we are tired.

A LIFE IS LOST, WHEN OUR TRIBESMEN MARRY FROM AMONGST THEM.

THEY CALL ME KAYAYO; MY NAME IS MARWAH