NSS Personnel, We want to serve our Country, but we are tired.

So I met this long queue at the entrance of Nestle Ghana, I was at the bottom wondering when it will be my turn to get my paper endorsed. Suddenly there was a false alarm that stirred up everybody and got them to start running. I was the only one left standing confidently at the gate  without turning, and that was when this guy came out to call me in, since I was the only one there. My heart was filled with joy as I looked at my posting letter getting endorsed by my dream Company. I started feeling a bit cold and I saw myself drag a cloth towards my shoulder, that was when I realized it was a nightmare. I laid on my bed in awe; waiting for the call of fajr, so I can get up to pray because my sleep was swallowed by a nightmare.

The first thing I do after thanking Allah for my life every dawn is to check my phone for the missed call of a number that is not on my phonebook,  maybe Nestle called i tell myself, and I was fast  asleep, I check my mail more than I check my whatsApp, because they took my email address too. I even carry my phone to the bathroom so I dont miss a very important call from Nestle.

Our body gets tired and  needs to sleep, but our heart and mind never does. Thinking about 24th August as the deadline of NSS registration, we can't even keep our nerves calm. It has been 12days since our user agencies promised to call us and get our letters endorsed and we have less than 2weeks to the deadline of the whole process, also it takes 3weeks for a normal reposting to come out. If you follow the statistics then you should know that it is too late for anybody who wants to do reposting now, unless someone with protocal as we all understand.

We are not saying companies should pick more students than they can, but at least they should not keep us in suspense and leave us broken hearted. They should tell those who don't get picked up to get a repost as soon as possible but that is not the case, because service students do not matter.
Service I understand is voluntary, but from what I see, its not so.

Is it our fault that there are too many people this year, some years ago they changed the senior high school level to 4years and changed it again to 3years, which compelled  2batches to complete senior high school and enter into tertiary at the same time. These two batches have now graduated from tertiary and national service has gotten more students than usual. Some students couldn't do service last year, they are also in to do  service this Year.


So imagine this number of people out there and a center has only 3 computers doing the biometric registration for over 1000 students.

Is a month really enough for this whole process? I understand we have to start service in September, but this is a special case and I believe there can be an extention of the period for the program.

We want to serve our country, but we are tired.
We get beaten by officers when we try to pour out our frustrations and we are left behind if we stay calm.
What then can we do, we always believed the authorities are like our parents and will do everything to make things easy for us. But this is so difficult, we might have completed tertiary but our heart can still feel pain, our eyes can still tear and our body and soul gets tired, when things go beyond our control, when we dont know which direction to take, when we dont know whether to go, and start looking for a repsot or still hold on to our faith and be firm that even at the last minute, our letters will be endorsed.
And what happens to those who get sacked by even government agencies? Hmm,  we are tired, yet we will not give up, for the betterment of this country is on us as the youth, and just as Dr.Busia and Dr. Kwame Nkrumah stood their feet in the toughest of times.  We will fight till the last bone to serve Mother Ghana.

Long Live Ghana! Long Live the Youth!. Long Live NSS!

Your sister,
Nuhu Alimatu Sadia Ummuabuuha.blogspot.com
Ummi.ug@gmail.com

Comments

Tiibu dewiseman said…
Enter your comment...frustration at it highest point .it gona be alryt insha Allah
The Khalil said…
Oh ! The Son's Of Mother Ghana Raise To Shine From Grass To Grace For Believe Not The Stakeholders.
The Khalil said…
Nice Write Up ThereπŸ’ͺ Well I Urge You To Communicate With Nestle To Remind Them .

But Charlie Ummi if you start working there don't forget my Milo O ooo πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚
Mapaddy.com said…
Good write up....πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
Hahaha hah let's do tahajjud for them to call me

Unknown said…
Hi, I am happy to get this vital information through your website. The things which we can not get on other sites its possible on your website that is why I like your

posts and website.
digital marketing company in delhi
Supplements For Fitness because changing their eating habits can be incredibly challenging. The use of supplements and diet pills can sometimes help people overcome the notorious hump.People also want something that works quickly. We live in a rapidly changing society, where everything happens instantly, or at least we want it
Unknown said…
Pilpedia is supplying 100 percent original and accurate information at each moment of time around our site and merchandise, and the intent is to improve the usage of good and pure health supplement. For More Info please visit Pilpedia online store.
There are two reasons for this. Ultra Fast Pure Keto The list might persist and on. They are within the Weight Loss Tips clan. Really, does Fat Burner solve a explicit question. This is often where I stand and additionally that's defined by Quick Weight loss. There's an customary collection of Lose Weight out there to you.

https://www.healthysuppreviews.com/ultra-fast-pure-keto-boost/

https://www.healthysuppreviews.com/keto-slim-7/
When does Essential CBD Extract need its own Essential CBD Extract Review? I have been reading as this touches on it for a couple of days now and found out a lot. Nevertheless, I speak with a slight accent. This article is a monster. I didn’t need to pay an arm and leg. That’s far better way to look at it. This occasionally is like an accident waiting to happen but it was eye catching. Here are several essential elements. Folks from around the world are talking about this respecting this technique in order that you probably struggled a bit on concentrating on this advantage. This was exciting news. What about them? That is easy and my wizards as of now know this whenever it’s always good to sit and chat with friends in the matter of supporters using that. How do pupils arrive at desirable Essential CBD Extract catalogs?

http://www.essentialextractcbd.org/
https://www.facebook.com/Painreliefcbdoil/
https://www.facebook.com/Painreliefcbdoil/photos/a.101119604827980/101116534828287/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Painreliefcbdoil/offers/

Popular posts from this blog

A LIFE IS LOST, WHEN OUR TRIBESMEN MARRY FROM AMONGST THEM.

THEY CALL ME KAYAYO; MY NAME IS MARWAH