THE YUSSIF I WANT TO MARRY~DAMILA WRITES


'If you don't know the meaning of the word "confuse", ask that beautiful lady in your area, school or just around you.'

     From childhood to my adolescence; my teen age, my mother and teachers always advised we the beautiful damsels with quality assets about how guys will be chasing us like their dreams when you get to some age. That age when your 'back case' and 'front engines' are very visible and tempting enough to confuse the blind. At those early stages of a lady's life, she starts to behave somewhat weird and sees herself as the world's most beautiful girl. It's abnormally normal. But the most funny part of all is when you make up your mind that you will marry any moment from that time, then you start to ask yourself rhetorical questions.

Whenever I sat with my friends and that thing about love, relationship, dating or marriage pops out, you wont believe how we discuss the qualities we wish for in our Mr Right. Usually, I shy away and keep mute with a smile like a fool yet paying apt attention. Most times they will force me to talk but all I do is laugh and reply them with 'Any guy is OK'.
They will make fun of me and call me names but little did they know I picture vividly in HD dimensions the mechanics and dynamics of my dream guy in my head. Now my question was, just when will I find my 'Yussif'( most handsome of all Prophets).

Not long ago, I was admitted into the University. Perhaps, I thought I will find my 'Yussif'. Before I left for school, my elder sister told me how guys will rush you especially when they know you are innocent. She spoke from experience. They can go extra mile to do the impossible for you, even if they have to pull down the clouds to prove their words. She warned me to be careful as she saw me to be very beautiful. Yes! I'm very beautiful in my own imperfections. As she was talking, I stared at her but I was seriously thinking of how I will meet my 'Yussif' and as to how that moment will be like. Maybe I'll meet my Yussif in his Range Rover or in on a bicycle? I thought and thought.
I seemed not to understand why everyone was advising me about guys instead of about my books.

A week after my stay on campus, I already recorded five proposals, yes FIVE. Minus those who were still beating around the bush and forest. Don't be astonished. I was also amazed.
See, I wasn't the only beautiful Gbain or Nino (First year student). More beautiful ladies roamed the campus; ladies whose sight alone puts a guy in hallucination and leaves him thinking he has seen an angel for the first time. Meanwhile for me, I'm just one innocent mademoiselle with a smallish body and a big brain. Yet, they followed me like their own shadow.

Guys are something else! Ooush! I could meet a guy today, he will approach me, talk nicely, convince me for my phone number. In some instances, confuse me for the number. Later in an hour or hours time, he'll call to propose love or in some serious cases marriage to me. Even Romeo didn't rush like that when approaching Juliet. Kaii..
From September to October, I had gotten like fifteen proposals and still counting but still I haven't found my 'Yussif'.

All those who proposed where somehow good looking but not as compared to that picture I had in mind.
Sorry, my prophet Yussif might be your Obasanjo; vice versa. That's why I don't want to even point out how my Yussif should be.

By the way..

I'm a 21st century lady and wants to have a guy with six packs (not six marks of hunger on the stomach), nice beard but not the bushy one, tall (but not as an electric poll), fair in complexion, has a bulky sea-blue eyes, with his eye lashes as that of a lady's, gentle in his speech, has the heart of my Prophet(SAW), God fearing and above all romantic. Uhuh! Don't tell me in my dreams, cause I have hopes of finding such a guy in Ghana.
Then came guys with similar description but not fair in complexion, spoke a lot and maybe not just my dream 'Yussif'. Maybe, my mindset was like, if I marry a guy who's ugly, my kids will look like him and my dream kids must be 'Instagram babies'.
Or is it that I watch telenovelas a lot, so therefore I wish for my 'Yussif' to look like Abhi of Kumkum Bagya or maybe Williams Levy's Don't Mess With An Angel'.
Oush! No, maybe Mahr Zain, yes Sammy Yussif or No, Harris J.
I'm confused! Yes, I'm really confused! Or should I manage one of the light skinned guys; not actually dark, they aren't my taste though.
I'm now in level 300, and still looking for my 'Yussif' .... Hmm..

Wait wait... I just saw a light skinned guy like my dream 'Yussif' pass by with a Mercedes, let me call him back before he goes away...

OK, I will tell you what happened next when I wake up from my sleep.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NSS Personnel, We want to serve our Country, but we are tired.

A LIFE IS LOST, WHEN OUR TRIBESMEN MARRY FROM AMONGST THEM.

THEY CALL ME KAYAYO; MY NAME IS MARWAH