DEAR CHEIF IMAM,I AM AN ORPHAN,I AM A MUSLIM TOO

I quickly run to the delete bottom on my Facebook post to delete my post about a girl who told at the kumasi government Orphanage she was allowed to go for islamic studies every weekend.

After someone drew my attention to the fact that, this girl was not an orphan and was allowed to go for islamic studies because her parent work at the orphanage and they moved into the home after their house got burnt. And that Muslims don't get any Islamic upbringing in this orphanage.

I then decided to inquire from the mothers if these kids have any provisions when it comes to Islamic training? One mother at the Kumasi Orphanage told me, there is nothing like that because there is no one to teach them or take them through such.

I was grieved by that statement, how can a whole government orphanage in a democratic country, with an office of the CHIEF IMAM not have provision for Muslim orphans.

Anyway, we can start a change I told myself. I went back to the orphanage after our visit to meet the mothers to see, if there is a possibility we provide them with an Islamic teacher whom we will pay, all they need to do is to give us time and the Muslims among the children so that he will start with them.

Amazingly, till school reopened, I went to the home several times and they always tell me their Boss is not there and there is nothing they can do about it.

This is surprisingly unacceptable, so if I am orphaned and taken to a home, I automatically become a christian because that is the only service provided at all Government orphanages in the three(3) major cities in Ghana.
Accra, Kumasi and Tamale.
Dear Chief Imam, i am an orphan but I am a Muslim!!.

This guy asked, sister Halima, this orphanage you are going to donate to, do they give the Muslims their rights or is also just like the one at OSU?. A gave a huge speechless  sigh, The one at OSU too is the Same?
Tamale is not an exception.
I asked myself What are the duties of the OFFICE OF THE CHIEF IMAM? Are these things their responsibility or the responsibility of the government?

What I know for sure is that the welfare and affairs  of Muslims  in this country Ghana, is in the hands of THE OFFICE OF THE CHIEF IMAM.
An orphan or not, Muslims are Muslims.

SHIEKH NUHU SHARABUTU, save me!!!! I am  still a Muslim, my crime is that I became an orphan. That I have no control over, but I hope you hear my cry.

Orphans in the Government orphanage are made to decide whether to stay or leave the home at the age of 18. If by the Age of 18 I know nothing about Islam, what is the proof that I will  become a Muslim if a miracle doesn't happen.

A community will have 5 different mosques and still building. Not even a pick-up mosque as we call it is found in all the orphanages I have visited. Is Islam prohibited in an orphanage home?Dear chief imam, hear our little voices.
We are Muslims and we are orphans.

Maybe my height could help my voice go higher, but my voice is as tiny as it has always been. Add your voice let's reach the OFFICE OF THE CHIEF IMAM.
Something should be done about this issue, if you agree, press the share bottom and let's get the information going.

Signed®
Nuhu Halima Gambo
0267716616
Ummuabuha.blogspot.com

Comments

Unknown said…
Hmmm couldn't control my tears while reading this. When will our leaders learn to care about us and stand up for us? Jazaak-Allahu khairan for taking this up. May Allah make it easy for us.
Thank you for the insight. This is indeed a wake up call for the Muslim Ummah. We hope to have a better understanding of the situation and to get a solution as a matter of urgency.

Popular posts from this blog

NSS Personnel, We want to serve our Country, but we are tired.

A LIFE IS LOST, WHEN OUR TRIBESMEN MARRY FROM AMONGST THEM.

THEY CALL ME KAYAYO; MY NAME IS MARWAH